Thursday, 18 October 2012

Tortilla! Bueno!!

I love tortilla. It graces every bar here in Andalucia and is a good indication of the quality of the chef.
I have tried it many times and the results have been variable. But today I really could be a Spanish SeƱora... Delicious.
Slice your potatoes as thinly as possible.
Boil them until just tender.
Cool the potatoes and then add them to six beaten eggs.
Leave to sit for 30 minutes.
Season well with salt and pepper.
Oil a pan (choose the smallest pan possible to fit the mixture in or you end up with the scimpiest tortilla!)
Put the mixture into the pan and place over the lowest gas or electricity ring
Patience at this time gives the best result.
The eggy,potato mixture seems to hardly cook but golden gorgeousness is developing.
Then the scary bit ..... Slide the tortilla onto a plate,invert it and just as gently cook the other side.
And there you have it ... Delicious tortilla espaniol!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! What time's supper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds yummy. My favourite is mixed beans and mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious, Linda! The salad looks good too - did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. Janet the lentil dish is a family favourite .... Perhaps I should blog about that too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.