Wednesday, 5 September 2012

My Brightest Lappy!

I am really pleased how this has turned out and I really did stick to my guns about the border---- and I really like it. Bright and vibrant,warming and cuddly.



It is my second attempt at the Mitred Granny Square and I really like the effect it creates. The border was really but I am pleased with it as it gives a layered effect.



If you want to try it I worked it like this----

1. Work 1 row of double crochet in every treble of the last border row you have worked.
2. Starting in 1 corner Chain 6 and single crochet in the 3rd space from the corner. Working in this was way chaining 6 and joining with a single crochet work all around the outside edge of your blanket.
3. When you get back to the beginning slip stitch to the middle of your first loop and then Chain 6 and single crochet to join in the middle loop of your first row. You actually have to join in front of the first row to keep the 2 layers separate. Worl all the way round and Tah Dah! Done.

Me work a somewhat fancy border -- who would have thought it -- but I love it! Onwards and upwards

Update on Baby yarn -- Thank you so much for all your advice -- I haven't bought it yet as I should be finishing my other Woks in Progress but I am really enjoying a lot of stroking!

15 comments:

  1. That looks stunning, its the colours that make it zing. Love the border too, mustt give that a go soon. Ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vixen -- Do give it a go as I am sure you will love it. I think I will stick with the bright zingy colours for a while xx Thanks for popping in

      Delete
  2. It's a simple but effective design. Love the colours too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet -- I hope you give the design a try -- It is lovely and one stripe would make a lovely scarf for a Christmas box!

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful Linda, I love the colours they really make it stand out. I haven't tried mitred granny's yet, but they are on my ever increasing to do list haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!! Thank you for such a kind comment.Do try them they are really lovely!

      Delete
  4. I just clicked on your name in your comment to Teresa and am excited to meet you and see what you have been creating!!! I made my first granny square not long ago and thought I wanted to make a granny square blanket using a pattern I have been packing and unpacking for 31 years, but in playing with it I decided I want a more solid looking square and so tried to make one in single crochet. But I do not understand the math/stitch ratio for what I want to do, and am thinking your mitred square may help me understand. I am off to investigate your blog and get to know you better as well.
    Thanks for posting, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for popping in! I have left a message on your blog which might help you find what you are looking for to help with Granny x

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, I absolutely LOVE that blanket design.. and the colors you used.. bravo! Thanks for visiting my blog.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much --- Hope all is well in your little corner of Blogland xx

      Delete
  6. Love the bright colors and neat pattern Linda! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely comment.
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  7. Thank you for visiting my blog - love your blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blanket! Lovely work. jenx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.