Sunday, 30 September 2012

Flowers for the wedding.

The Big Day!
The Flowers!
My niece and I have been making the sweetest conversations about flowers for weeks. She wanted white flowers with greenery to complement her wedding setting. Her main wish was that they should be simple,understated and gently arranged. I really liked that idea.
Because she was the least stressy bride I have ever met I actually enjoyed doing the flowers and bunting for her wedding.
The beautiful Dartington Hall was bathed in sunshine yesterday and everything was perfect. Her long awaited wedding day!
I really enjoyed creating 10 table decorations,2 pillar arrangements and 3 bouquets.There was just enough blooms to make buttonholes for our little party.



I tucked the little knitted hearts I have been busy making over the last few weeks amongst the blooms and our spare room was turned into a flower shop for twenty four hours!




These table decorations were to surround a storm lantern with a white candle twinkling in the great hall which was built in the 1300's.





My niece looked stunning -- not your obvious bride, but she looked beautiful and so happy!


Once you saw that stunning bejewelled dress you can see why she wanted a simple hand tied bouquet.


The sweet little bridesmaid had a posy too!




I had made 2 pillar decorations to enhance the atrium where the ceremony took place.



And they looked lovely.


Friends of the bride and groom serenaded them and entertained us all!


The yards of white bunting I have been sewing added a lovely touch. It really did feel like a party as well as a wedding!
Pennants waving in the entrance to the Great Hall 


So all that was left was to get our little family ready and in the mood to celebrate. There were just enough flowers for a buttonhole each! How we missed our youngest daughter who is out on the high seas just now!




And look who was watching from behind the scenes checking on quality control!




I am going to dedicate the next few posts on my blog to these floral pieces with step by step instructions about making the various things which made a special day even more special.
But tonight it is going to be an early night as we recover from all the excitement and a little bit of Dad dancing by the "Sporty One!"



11 comments:

  1. They are simply gorgeous. You must be very proud of yourself, they are beautiful with the white knitted hearts too. I have not seen any Wedding Flowers I have liked more. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Linda! They look so beautiful and they do look simple as she wanted them even if they weren't simple to do. Quite a task-I hope you are relaxing today.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful, they are just gorgeous and what a beautiful dress the bride was wearing. Dartington Hall looks like a wonderful setting for a wedding. Glad you had such a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers, beautiful pictures, beautiful family. Thanks for sharing.

    Luv
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely, Linda! Thanks for posting and promising to post more about the construction of the arrangements. I am going to invite my daughter to view this post to see if it will help her clarify her vision of what she wants for her wedding. Love from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much -- Your comments and support are so appreciated. Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are such beautiful arrangements! You are so skilled! They remind me of my own wedding flowers which were also green & white and elegantly understated :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi -- Thank you so much I hope they bought back really happy memories for you. Thanks for popping in!
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  8. What an absolutely stunning wedding, the flowers are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.