Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Thanks Tangled Happy

I love blog hopping and one of the sites I like to hop to is Tangled Happy with Sara.She is so generous with her time,energy and commitment.


Tangled Happy is committed to showcasing creativity,initiatives,projects and ideas, I have been lucky enough to have some of my hooky pursuits featured in her lovely blog. A real thrill.
It is also one of the blogs I  follow regularly and I am never disappointed by Sara's choices.
I love Granny Squares, I know some of my friends think me lazy because I tend to shun fancy borders. I have blogged often about my inability to work more than about 15 of the amazing 200 squares in Jan Eaton's wonderful book. But actually I am at my happiest just working with my hook and the repetition of the treble stitch.


But all this is possible, and yet create a new look. A slightly quirky look. Well. that is right up my street.The mitred square grabbed my attention and working with my favourite blue combo I started to work on a new blanket for my Godson and his wife. A new baby boy is coming to their lovely little family in September.



The ways you could arrange the squares is endless but I wanted them to look as if they were tumbling down the blanket.




Sometimes when you finish a project you really love it and I truly do!








 Finished off with my favourite Picot edging. This time I wanted the little loopy bits close together so it was single crochet for four spaces, Five chains and single crochet in the same chain. Continue in this way all around the border.




Perhaps You would like to make a Lappy with the mitred square in your favourite colours. If you do I would love to see a picture.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It was nice to put a quirky angle on a trusty Granny
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  2. Love the new blanket, I must try that one, but Im thinking I would be spending ages trying to make the best end pattern lol. hugs Ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vixen, I know exactly what you mean so many lovely possibilities
      Thanks for popping in.Kindest regards Linda

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful Linda, I love your choice of colours, I haven't tried mitred squares yet but they are on my to do list:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda -- my favourite colour combinations.I think you will enjoy making them
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  4. The blanket is really pretty - hope the new little one likes it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely blanket, I really like the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh what a lovely blanket! I hadn't considered mitred squares in granny trebles before, I love it!
    Oh no, another idea that will now want starting! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have any video of that? I'd want to find out more details.

    My blog post; toe fungus treatment

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.