Sunday, 29 July 2012

Meandering over the Tamar -- Going abroad to Cornwall?

My dear Mum never went in an aeroplane. She never went in a ferry, in fact she really only ever went over one bridge and that was the Tamar. The bridge which crosses the River Tamar and has the Devon and Cornwall border in the middle.



She loved Cornwall and I have the happiest memories of spending so much time with her there.Hours sitting on the beach,often in the rain. Hours visiting little coastal towns. And of course she loved an ice cream. Cornish vanilla! Lunch often consisted of a "praper" Cornish pastie with steak,potato and swede. None of the modern shenanigans with blue cheese and leek. I am with her there!
So last week we had a very early appointment in Torpoint. The chance to go over the Tamar was too good to resist. As soon as we had finished we meandered on to Looe.
We were there by 8.30 a.m and what a welcome. The sun was shining,the sky blue and the visitors still having their breakfast! Ideal.The perfect view from the Sunshine Bus 


 Well of course we had lots of time to meander and it really was the perfect way to spend the morning


I love floral displays in the U.K. and the red,white and blue theme is still going strong! What a lot of celebrating has been going on this summer.


Over the bridge to wander round the town. Accompanied by the locals scurrying back home before the bucket and spade brigade come out in force. The first sunshine of the summer holidays.


 Even this young seagull was making the most of the early morning sunshine!




All ready for a days fishing. mackerel the favourite catch. I love to see the generations following timeless traditions at the seaside.





The jetty has wooden batons keeping the Cornish stone in place as it shelves into the harbour.


Of course it wouldn't be a Cornish town if it did not have little winding streets, whitewashed cottages and planting adorning the doorways!



 We only popped into the "Rusty Bucket" for a well deserved coffee and, whilst we weren't looking Looe came to life. The boats were bobbing ready for the day.


 Ready for a trip to sea!



 Even this little dog was ready for his swim!


Oh! We really did love being by the seaside and Looe was as lovely as ever. Do go if ever you travel over the Tamar Bridge!

17 comments:

  1. I have never been to Looe - it looks really pretty. I love being up early and seeing the world gradually waking up and the days slowly unfolding. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see you here LiLY! I bet you are beginning to get excited about your impending trip to Westward Ho! Your heart will soar.
      Love Linda

      Delete
  2. What lovely colourful pictures, I enjoyed joining you on the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good gains.
    If you know of any please share. Kudos!

    Feel free to surf to my site Juegos Online Gratis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to uncover this site. I wanted to thank you for your time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoyed every part of it and i also have you bookmarked to look at new information in your web site.

    My weblog :: Juegos Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    my homepage: bacuri seci

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paleo is high in protein, while others require a more unprocessed carbohydrate type of diet, and diet rather
    varied by latitude, season, latitude, culture, etc.
    The focus on the emergence of ourHomo erectusforebears, thought to be the type of restaurant you visit
    it can be problematic as a long-term weight loss
    solution, according to the U.

    my web site :: paleo diet Results

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Thank you rounds are always welcome, of course.
    Brazenhead is a great place to go with your family or for a business lunch or dinner, but if
    you are looking for a party atmosphere, this isn't it. The Bull's Head
    Pub, Bangkok.

    Here is my weblog: good pub quiz names

    ReplyDelete
  8. ' Satanic Ritual - Decorate the space with human sacrifice, goblets of blood, pentagrams, and things draped in black. Even Halloween parties with the very best Halloween costumes can get dry after everyone's seen the
    costumes to be seen and passed out the candy to the
    beggars. Cranberry studios developed this sequel while publisher
    Anaconda brings it to you in stores.

    Look at my web page ... www youravon com

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you desire to increase your know-how simply keep visiting this web site and be updated with the newest information posted here.


    Visit my webpage: diets that work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Narrow blood vessels lie alongside the intestines of the earthworm and they absorb the nutrients from the alimentary canal
    feeding the rest of the body. Below are listed a few
    popular pubs where one can chill in Mumbai.
    28.

    Here is my web site: free pub quiz and answers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, we need to determine the rounds of the quiz according
    to it. You must definitely be planning to make it special and
    memorable by keeping a good theme, ordering the best food and choosing the best games.
    8.

    Also visit my web page: best pub quiz team names

    ReplyDelete
  12. (Thank you rounds are always welcome, of course. Popular prizes include sports tickets,
    cash and vouchers for drinks, food - and dollars off of
    tabs. The Bull's Head Pub, Bangkok.

    Feel free to visit my weblog pub quiz area

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think about fields that interest you, talents with which you are blessed and needs
    that are not being met to come up with your own list of outside
    the box job ideas self employment. Be patient with your dog.

    In 2005, Ford, a Gateway employee, decided it was time for a career change.


    my webpage; dog training accessories uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Narrow blood vessels lie alongside the intestines of the earthworm and they absorb the nutrients from the alimentary canal feeding the rest
    of the body. At the end of each round read out the cumulative scores.
    The food is decent and the drink specials on Tuesdays include
    $2.

    Here is my homepage - pub quiz and answers general knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its peak season, June through August, is smack in the middle of New Braunfels' hottest, sunniest weather season. Dig your feet into the hot sand and leave your wrist watch at home. It is VERY important that adults bring actual swimwear to wear in the water park.

    Here is my web site - Water Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  16. The owner decided after the event to donate half of
    the proceeds back to the students. At the end of the party all of
    the papers write down who they think was the prohibition agent.
    The game would begin with them watching the collapse of society and the
    outbreak of magic around the world.

    Also visit my webpage ... wine auctions

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.