Thursday, 5 July 2012

Cafe Zu! Coffee and FREE Crochet lessons for such a good cause.

Have you wanted to learn how to Crochet?
If so read on!
Anyone who follows my life in Chalky's World will know that I work/create/make/hook and am generally 
happier when a charitable aspect is dominant in my life!

Well my daughter has recently returned from having fun in Oz and has got a job as manager at Cafe Zu!



A small cafe attached to an enterprise helping young people in Devon!



It is tucked away upstairs in Newton Abbot,
All the profits generated in the cafe go to help young people in Devon.


Of course as dutiful parents we have felt the need to show support at coffee time.
Oh ,and William has tried it too.





And it really would be rude not to try the cakes
.Raspberry and white chocolate.




Banana and Walnut.


Nutella and vanilla.




All those hours of her wearing a little apron when she was little and helping with the baking has truly paid dividends!

And don't forget the afternoon tea. and a cupcake!


Add the lunch.
Meals as delicious as Broad Bean and Chorizo Casoulet.


Home made wedges with chilli,cheese and sour cream.


Just simply scrummy and at £2.95 for a coffee and cake and the meals at about £4.95 who could resist?


So what I am going to do to try and boost the funds?
Well, what I do!
What I love doing the most!
Not hard to guess I am sure.


Crochet and coffee sessions!
I am going to sit in the corner with some hooks and yarn and hope some lovely people call in to to have a free lesson and treat themselves to  a coffee and some cake and maybe they will give a donation to such a worthy cause.
Details of dates and times can be found in Cafe Zu!


13 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! That cafe sounds great! I would definetely come for a coffee and a crochet session with you!
    Have a nice day,
    Greetings from Greece,
    Angeliki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angeliki-- Hoe lovely of you to pop in! That would be lovely. Love to you in Greece!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great idea! Wish I could make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to meet you too Suz-- Bet you are getting excited x

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda,
    I wish I didn't live on the opposite side of the country! I love Devon and my little lady and I would be sure to come and join you!

    You are of course more than welcome to use my pattern, I would be so glad to know it was helping such a worthwhile cause :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Naomi! That is really kind and generous of you
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda - the food and coffee looks really yummy. If I was nearer I would definitely come and see you. Good luck with the sessions. lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily -- I know you would love to be nearer and I would like that too
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  5. Sounds perfect Linda all those goodies look delicious, I wish I was living near I would join you with hook in your little corner, do let us now how you get on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my those cakes! yum yum! wish we had cakes like that somewhere near me! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I Studied in Exmouth for four years and did a Voluntary week residential in London with a primary school in Newton Abbot. I could move back to Devon just to visit that coffee shop and spend some hooky time with you in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I would love that coffee shop and would come all the way around the world to visit, if possible for me and sit and crochet with you. Good luck.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hopeless at crochet but would love to drop in to sample those cakes! Maybe on my next trip to Devon?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.