Sunday, 3 June 2012

Outside my front door this morning!


I looked outside my front door this morning and was delighted by what I saw!
We are not usually in Spain at this time of year and I must say we are loving it!
The clear blue skies!


Swimming at Garrucha in the evenings as it gets a little cooler.


The cherries on the market. Priced at 3 Euros for a whole Kilo!


But lets get back to my morning. 
I am always slow in the morning and here in Spain that can mean seriously slow but nobody cares!
So I opened the door and---


The beautiful palm we bought nine years ago.
It has just had a new layer of leaves and they are looking so fresh and green.


Lush new foliage.
And then there is our trusty lemon tree.
It was a mere twig when we bought the house but now---




I always tell people we are self sufficient in lemons-- now this is true but that is because we have one trusty tree which gives us all things lemony all year!
Then we have the jasmine plant.


A true triffid, but its vigour is forgiven because its sweet scent especially in the evening is just intoxicating.
Now water is an issue so we have tried to surround ourselves with indigenous plants.
I have come to love cacti and succulents.
Outside our door they really are our most faithful friends.








And every now and again these plants will give you a surprise for a day.
And today it was my day!



And as I was enjoying my view I noticed somebody else was having a good look!


I wonder what you saw outside your door this morning?

7 comments:

  1. It looks lovely Linda, you make me feel quite jealous, what a beautiful view and those cherry's look yummy and so cheap! and I bet you have lovely warm balmy weather too. The view from my window reveals cloudy grey sky's but I have been watching the birds enjoying their lunch around the bird table while keeping a wary eye on the neighbours cat sitting on top of my shed getting ready to pounce but as soon as it saw my water pistole aimed straight at it it was off lol Enjoy the rest of your day, it's all right for some, I'm off to cut the grass before it starts raining :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your little birds remained safe. My dear father in law loved birds and hated cats so your post made me smile.
      I fear after watching the pageant the rain did not hold off for long!
      Thank you for popping in.
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  2. This morning we saw rain, rain and a bit more rain!! Your garden looks beautiful. Have a lovely day. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sorry to see the rain doing it's best to spoil such a special day
      Thank you for popping in Lily.
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  3. It's getting a bit cold down here now, so it's lovely to see such sunny happy photos of summer. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We are enjoying all the suuny weather and late evening swims.
      I hope your winter brings gentle weather with lots of opportunities for Crafting
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  4. No matter if some one searches for his essential thing,
    therefore he/she desires to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.


    Feel free to surf to my blog post: nail fungus treatment

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.