Monday, 28 May 2012

Little by little. Poco en Poco!




Tiny--- adj tinier,tiniest,very small, minute!!




When we first bought our little Spanish house water was a real issue-- It still can be but we have learnt to adapt and realise we are not in the UK where everything is generally literally " on tap!"

So at the beginning when we had not had a drop of water for four days Innez was called by a neighbour who took pity on us!
Innez arrived in a little van and we listened to a tirade about our situation.
 I flicked through the dictionary trying to find the meaning of " Muchas Trabajo! These words were being muttered at an alarming rate and  I realised they was accompanied by the words " Muchas Dinero!"

Now, there was a fair amount of work involved in putting a tank in the garage which holds 500 litres of water
.And this dear Spnish plumber did bring a builder and they did work very hard but rip us off they certainly did not!!
That was 10 years ago and we have got to know Innez a little bit.
His daughter Luna runs a local restaurant which we like to support and Innez and his wife appreciate this.
We have met his family and they have met ours,
He always gives My Dear Mother In Law a special cuddle.

Now last December our first Grandson was due and coincidentally Innez was very proud to say his first Grandchild was due in January!
Great excitement and a common bond!

Now, as we were getting ready to go home and wait for William to be born suddenly there was a very worrying time for Innex and his family.
Baby Luna was born way too early weighing just 850grams!
Feeling very helpless, and realising at such times that a few words saying sorry were not nearly enough I got out my trusty knitting needles and made a whole set of the tiniest premature baby clothes for dear little Luna.

Now, we had to go home and anyone who follows my blog will know that we found ourselves at the polar opposite situation. 
William was born weighing 9lbs 12ozs to a very tiny mummy!

Anyway, William is thriving and when we got back to our little house with a water tank in the garage we had the news that  baby Luna now weighs over 5 lbs!
Miracles can happen!

So I decided in her honour to knit some more premature clothes for the hospital where she was born!
I found this pattern -- just perfect!




So I hope they will help other little Spanish babies born way too early at the Neo Natal ward at Granada hospital.

18 comments:

  1. So sweet Linda, they look like Mayflowers patterns from Loving Hands, those little bodywarmers are lovely to make and quite addictive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LINDA.
      Yes they are the lovely little bodywarmers from Mayflowers collection. Plus boottees and hats.
      I am really enjoying knitting these little sets.
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  2. Glad both babies are well.
    Lovely cute knitting
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for popping in and your kind comments about both the babies and the knitting
      Kindest Regards Linda

      Delete
  3. I am so glad the little one is doing well. Imagine being so tiny and having been in this world for so many months. I would like to join loving hands but could not find out how - could you help me please. Lily. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lily
      Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely comment.
      Here is the link to Loving Hands-- I hope you join
      http://www.lovinghands.org.uk/events.htm

      Love Linda

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you -- I hope your cold has packed its bags and you are feeling much better x

      Delete
  5. Adorable little outfits to keep the preemies cuddly warm. Lovely to share your talents to help the tiniest patients. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz. Lovely to see you here. I bet your little grand daughter is bonnie now. William is HUGE!

      Delete
  6. Those outfits are so beautiful - well done you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Shirley -- They are a little bit additive and I think I shall try them with some 4 ply yarn when I get back to the U.K.
    Thanks for popping in!
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, You've done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm
    sure they'll be benefited from this site.

    my web site ... Juegos Online

    ReplyDelete
  9. A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do believe that you ought to write more on this topic,
    it might not be a taboo subject but usually people do not
    speak about such issues. To the next! Best wishes!!

    my webpage; jocuri online 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    Feel free to visit my web page: jocuri cu impucaturi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the perfect webpage for everyone who would like to find out about this topic.
    You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really will need
    to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic which
    has been discussed for many years. Wonderful stuff, just great!


    Here is my web page: Juegos Online Gratis

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's up, I read your blog like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep doing what you're doing!


    Also visit my page :: Juegos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

    Here is my weblog - jocuri strategie gratis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.