Thursday, 16 February 2012

A tip to help overcome a Senior Moment!

Just now I am busy making blankets.

I am quietly hooking as an antidote to "Operation Broken House" and my dear friends on Knit Your Square to Give your Share are sending beautiful cuddly packages containing beautiful squares to swell the total of blankets I can make.
Now, sometimes it is easy to place the squares and remember the pattern when sewing the Lappycuddlyghan and sometimes it is not.
So, the solution works something like this.
Take a photo of the carefully arranged squares which you can refer to as you sew them up.


A perfect solution.
So the latest blanket became a reality and after completing the border I placed it on the ground to admire and then fell about laughing!
I am sure you will be able to see why!!


The four corner squares supposedly giving the blanket a uniformity nearly worked!!
These Senior moments are obviously far more advanced than I realised!

3 comments:

  1. "Don't do what I do, do what I say!" Yes, it has rather gone to pot in the middle too, but it will be just as comforting for whoever will recieve it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet --- I had not even noticed the middle :) More senior moments than I thought but yes I am sure it will be very cuddly and comforting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link to a very interesting Blog post - "The Deliberate Mistake"
    http://thepurloinedletter.blogspot.com/2006/07/deliberate-mistake.html
    Linda I admire your humility and imperfections :) Lovely Blankie and in all seriousness I could see nothing amiss! I think I am a harsh critic of my own work and think everyone else's work is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.