Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Keeping the workers happy!!! Well they say a way to a man's heart is through his tummy!

Work at Operation Broken House is moving forward apace!
I have always thought that when you are working long hours you need a break at lunch time.
The weather has been freezing of late so soup and something has been very welcome.
Well the little something to day was pasties with a twist!
A very Spanish twist.
A very delicious twist!
Leek,Chorizo and Cheese Pasties!
I made 1 lb of shortcrust pastry.This was divided into 8 pieces and then the fun began.
Without too much attention to measuring, the ingredients went something like this---
2 leeks finely chopped 
3 small onions finely chopped
1/2 a Chorizo finely chopped
400g of tasty grated Cheddar cheese.
Salt and Pepper.

I cooked and cooled the leeks,onions and chorizo before I started. The cheese was added just before cooking

So in true Devonshire fashion put a good dollop of the mixture in the middle of a pastry circle.


Dampen the edges with water,pull together and crimp away!
Wash with milk or beaten egg.


Some ready for cooking in a hot oven 200deg for approximately 35 mins.
And some tucked in the freezer for another day!


They look and taste delicious!
So move over Hairy Bikers and make way for the Hungry Builders.



And my Grandmother always said that " Good Guessers never get married " BUT the pastry was enough for the 8 pasties without even a scrap for a jam tart and the filling was enough too apart from the little bit over .
That soon became a perk for the cook!
And the verdict from the Hungry Builders was they were the best pasty they had ever tasted so I should give them a try!

7 comments:

  1. OH I'm certain they're loving you right now! Nummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a delicious lunch! Hope they weren't too full to resume work afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! They look & sound scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch it or they builders will slow down if you spoil them like that! I never knew that about good guessers...I am a good guesser and not married! I can cut a pound of cheese on the nose! I can also make bread, pastry etc without scales...I don't think my OH is going anywhere after 15 years together...he did propose once and I laughed and told him to think about it...he has been about eight years thinking about it...my own fault for laughing. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made my mouth water! Yummo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, yum! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for popping in --- In the Sky the builders were only saying today that they are thinking of only working mornings. Then lunch then a siesta!!! So it may be "Bread and Point!" tomorrow. Bread and point was what we were told we would have for tea if we kept asking what we were having!!! The loaf of bread went in the middle of the
    table and we all had to point at it! That soon kept us quiet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.