Saturday, 28 January 2012

A star choice not an understudy!


I usually feature books I have enjoyed on my sidebar.
BUT
I enjoyed this one so much I thought it deserved a post all of it's own.
Recommendations about books and restaurants can be a bit of a dodgy area for me.
Recommendations about either can come unstuck.
I once had a restaurant recommended to me for a special anniversary and it is still the only time I have left   after just the starters!
We ended up in MacDonalds|!!!
But I have a very dear "old " friend and I love her bookcase and when she says " I think you will like this one" she is nearly always right.
And When God Was a Rabbit was perfect for me.



It is Sarah Winman's first novel --- I hope she writes some more.
And like a good friend I will be returning the book as I hate it when my favourites go astray and I am robbed of the chance to revisit them!
Perhaps you will be inspired to have a read?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda - It looks interesting. Can you give a teeny idea of the story? No spoilers, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I am after some books to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy very nice web site!! Guy .. Beautiful ..
    Wonderful .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds also?
    I am happy to seek out so many helpful information here in the
    publish, we need develop extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .

    my web blog :: Sidney Crosby Black Jersey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.