Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Sometimes making up your own patterns is NOT such a good idea!

A Definite Thumbs down for this "little" creation!
I was trying to be kind to the "Sporty One " by creating a nice cosy hat to keep him warm in January and February!


Sometimes making up your own patterns is really NOT a good idea!
I am off to get my trusty crochet hook to try and rescue this creation but I can guarantee the " Sporty One " wont be wearing it!
Well a few rows of single Crochet later there is a definite improvement!#




Now Girlie and a slouchy type hat!
What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. I actually think the second one is a very cute look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for popping in Garden Bell--- I am actually quite pleased with what was really a disaster. The only drawback is the hat is now quite heavy because of the weight of the yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me! Thanks for the laugh! I have made one very similar lol. It would be great if I had a huge afro or a head like a large pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, I have a few knitted hats that look like your first pic! Hey, can you fix them for me?? lol!
    Love your new 'tam'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the Sky! We laughed so much too! I am not sure it will not all be ripped out yet as you might need a neck brace to support the weight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's adorable! Well done...the final touches make a beautiful hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, that's how it can be done! I actually think it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all --- Encouragement, I have decided makes the world go around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda,
    I think its great, well done to you!
    Beautiful model too if I may say so!
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.