Sunday, 13 November 2011

Do You Fancy a Twirl?


Curly Wurlies
When I was a little girl and I had a new dress my dearest Stepdad would say 
"Give us a Twirl then!"
And, he always paid me just the right compliments even if he thought the creation hideous!
What a gem!
So these remind me of him!
I hope you find them as much fun as me.
Chain -- as many as you like.
I worked 20.



Turn,working back along your foundation chain row.
 In every chain stitch work 2 trebles..
40 trebles in total! 





I am holding all those trebles to attention!
Can you see the pattern -- 2 treble crochet stitches in each chain space.



Now it is time to relax and let the fun begin!
Let's have a twirl!


Tie the ends to neaten the twirls!


Ideal little projects for charity fairs.
Key rings,with colours to complement each person.

 


Or, if you fancy something really special--
What an amazing edging to a blanket!




What an amazing blanket my Dear Daughter In law has crafted!
Just now my little Grandson is popping into every corner of my mind --- and he is not even born yet!!




But what a wonderful curly whirly blanket is waiting to greet him!

13 comments:

  1. Neat! The idea, and your stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing twirlies today too.......on the ends of some book marks, not nearly as many as you have. Love the bright colours you used - they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love a good twirl. Great as edging on blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! :) Thank you for sharing with us your works. I LOVE it. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Curlie Wurlies
    amd you Unique Edging on your Blanket
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your curly whirlies! What fun! Maybe once I learn to crochet (this winter!) I can make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! what an amazing idea!! Great forr all those little Christmas presents...
    Hugs from Menorca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those curly whurlies. They would make great ringlets for a knit or crochet dolly. The blanket is lovely too, stunning colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for popping -- They really do make ideal additions to so many things!
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the twirlys Linda, I have bought the girls a canvas bag each to house their crafty things, and I want to attach a trio of twirlys in different colours to each of them no getting mixed up then, so have popped in here for a quick tutorial.I am all fired up and ready to go, after a look through my stash for suitable colours of course,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just saw this on Pinterest (a year and a half later!) Just the information I need to make this hat Although I'm making the twirlys with sc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blanket is so sweet! The twirlys really make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the twirlys gonna use the idea to do the mane on a my little pony crochet toy !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.