Wednesday, 21 September 2011

A little relapse -- Scrapitis does not want to leave me!!

You may have read this post about my problem with "Scrapitis!"
Well I thought I had fully recovered from the latest bout!
But just as I was breathing a sigh of relief "The Sporty One" came downstairs with some shirts that he was taking to the Charity Shop!
There in his arms were two of my favourites.
Favourites to look at but not to iron!!!!
Pure Linen.
One in pink and one in green.


Here is the green and within five minutes this was the pink!


So Green,pink,green,pink and look what I had made!


I purposely cut them with pinking shears.
I sewed two together but did not turn them inside out.
I wanted a shabby look and loved the glimpses of detail which showed their origin!







They look really soft and utilitarian, exactly the look I was after!
So if you see some linen shirts watch out for a bout of scrapitis!
I would just like to say a big "Thank You " for all the kind comments about my parcels of love!
So Glad they arrived safely and they had lots of love tucked in!!

3 comments:

  1. Anyone seeing your bunting will think you are ripping the shirts off the Sporty One's back! There's just no stopping you, is there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Theres nothing like seizing the moment!
    Although I think if I were your hubby I would be a little nervous leaving any clothes lying around...........he he!!!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea, Linda! I must admit I've 'stolen' a couple items slated for the charity shop and used them in my CQing. I look at it this way: free supplies!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.