Friday, 30 September 2011

Let's Play!! A Crochet Cube for the Toybox!



It does not take Long before a newborn is up and curious!



Certainly longer than it took me to turn these --


Into this!



A Crochet Cube!
I will show you the sides!







And the sixth is a bit special!
It has a pocket and I popped in a little finger puppet!








Ready for a game of Incy Wincy Spider!


Our little Grandson is due in 11 weeks  and we shall be ready to Play!


If you want to crochet one of these cubes make six identical squares.
Mine measure 15cm by 15cm.
I used half Treble Stitch which gives a nice dense feel.
Then decorate the sides with all your favourite things.
If you want to copy the Curly Wurly bits I chain 20,turn and work 2 Half Double Crochet stitches in each of the chain stitches in your first row.
It magically curls as you work and I think it will be just the the to encourage little hands to explore!


I promise to write a tutorial for the spider soon but I am so busy finishing Crafty bits and pieces at the moment it will have to be put on hold for a while!


Finally, if you could look inside you would see the perfect Crafty recycling project!
NB. If I was making this again I would sew all the squares together with wrong sides facing and then turn it the right way out just finishing the closing seam with stitches on the outside!
Still, I am sure the baby won't mind!




All my scraps of wool make it soft and cuddly as well as, I hope, 
LOTS OF FUN!
Please shout if you want any more details.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute, you have done a great job. What a lucky little boy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmarked for 'one day'! Thanks for the great idea and pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been SO waiting for your spider tutorial, when you have the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is clever, look forward to seeing it this weekend! Im sure Sticklebrick will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a weblog web site?
    The account helped me a applicable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered
    vibrant transparent concept

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... treatment for toenail fungus

    ReplyDelete
  6. squares with various tea leaves and tea flavors inside each square.
    I've played Nancy Drew for years and even her saccharine personality is more 3D than Lindsay or 'Linds') as she calls herself. Every Halloween party that people remember later in the year by saying things like "Do you remember so-and-so's Halloween party last year.



    Also visit my web page: lipitor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.