Saturday, 27 August 2011

Burp or Dribble we have it covered!


Anyone who has had a baby knows how important burping is!
Any trapped wind can lead to really sad crying!
And, of course young babies are often a little sicky.
 You soon realise your shoulders become the exact target especially when you are just about to go out!
So Muslin sheets become your very best friend.
I was doing a bit of "blog hopping" and found this wonderful idea.


.http://sewing.craftgossip.com/chickpeas-burp-cloths-and-babies/2008/07/25/


Well when we were in America I made a beeline for the nappy section and I have spent such a happy day making this little set!



All folded and ready to go!
But, let's have a closer look at the ones I made.
Three with Hungry Caterpillar fabric!



And three with pirates!




It is only 16 weeks until our Grandson is due to arrive .
Of course he won't burp,dribble or be sicky but he can enjoy looking at the pictures!!
The fabric came from Ebay in case you want to make some.
I have not found pre-folded nappies in the UK but I think they would be good with soft teatowels
or small Guest Towels.

So Thank You Chickpea for such a brilliant tutorial.





5 comments:

  1. Lovely idea, Linda, and the tutorial is great. I've just been looking at the list of books you'd like to read; I've read the last seven and they are all brilliant! Forever Amber is my all-time favourite; Sky Burial stays with you for a long long time, and Accidental Tourist will make you look for all Anne Tyler's other books, too! I'm currently reading A Leaf in the Bitter Wind, by Ting-Xing Ye; it's a fascinating account about life in China. Another book I can thoroughly recommend is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, by Mark Haddon.

    Can't believe it's only 26 weeks until the baby is born! I'm sure it will be well provided for!

    KathyXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Thanks for popping in! Actually I have corrected my mistake -- It's only 16 weeks until little Gilberto's is due to arrive!
    I have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time and found it very thought provoking. I have certainly met some children like that in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe its only 16 weeks!! Eek! Love the Hungry Caterpillar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are brilliant and so cute. The time is really flying isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.