Tuesday, 5 July 2011

I have been thinking about VINTAGE!


Vintage!


I seem to hear the word everywhere!
I seem to see images everywhere!
In fact, it just is everywhere!
Well it got me thinking.So I googled the definition!
It really is a----


Pages and pages of opinions and counter opinions!


Well I know lots of people who have houses full of vintage items. 
They drive Vintage Cars.
They wear Vintage Clothes.
The list could go on and on.
I looked around me and wondered if I had anything Vintage at all.
Then my eyes spied my Grandma's Knitting Needle Case.




The material reminds me of Bakelite!
And when I looked at the bottom there was a Rug Hook!








The very hook I used when we sat together with rolls of rug wool and canvas rug bases!






I remember loving the colours and using them in what seemed a random way and then it turning into an image.
Always flowers for Grandma.




So, happy Vintage memories, or maybe they are Antique because Grandma would be 111 years old this December!

7 comments:

  1. I love vintage, everything was made so much better back in the day. What lovely memories for you to cherish of you and your grandma rug making. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is very sweet you found that old hook. A little rug for the Nursery would be brilliant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness In The Sky -- perhaps that's why I found it!
    Shirl -- Yes, they really are sweet memories!
    Thank you both for popping in x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I loved making rugs, it was a real family time, Mum Dad Sister and me we all had a corner each. Happy memories. Thank you and I bet that's why you found your old hook....nursery rug sounds fab

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I did a large one of a boat. It hung over my fireplace for years before we bought the large fireplace mirror. A bit hard on the old hands though!
    Have a good day LInda and thanks for your comments 'and your flowers!'.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a rug hook like that! I used to do some 'hooking' myself, long ago. Hmmm, how long before I'm vintage? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by
    searching for anti-aging cream

    Have a look at my website :: http://doeszetaclearwork.webs.com/apps/blog/show/25402186-look-into-zetaclear-for-beautiful-nails

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.