Monday, 9 May 2011

Mountains, Mohair and Love!



I have come to absolutely love mountainous scenery since spending time in Spain.
I have also come to love Yoga too!
I have lessons from a special lady who lives up in the mountains in a tiny village.
She is celebrating a very special birthday today  and when I was travelling in New Zealand I saw a skein of wool which reminded me of Spanish mountains and her!



She has taught me so much, for which I am so grateful.

So in 2 or 3 steps, a special present for a special lady for a special birthday!


Winding the skein into a ball -- just such beautiful colours!



Finding a pair of enormous needles!



And happily rib along.




All the colours of the mountains!








I hope my special friend has a wonderful birthday and I hope she loves her present!




If you want to knit a scarf like this one.
Cast on 36 stitches using 9mm needles. Work in Rib, knit 2 purl 2 every row until the wool is used.
How simple is that!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Linda,
    The mohair wool is just a perfect reflection of the muted colours of those fabulous mountains. Your yoga teacher is a very lucky lady to receive such a beautiful and thoughtful gift.
    I did yoga for a few years then stupidly stopped, something I now really regret as I have certainly stiffened up without it. Keep going whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda
    I've never tried yoga but I do pilates instead!
    We have just returned from the mountains in Spain (Picos de Europa) Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluebell- Thank you for such a lovely comment. Could you resume with a very gentle Yoga class/
    I have a somewhat "board" body blueprint to deal with but I do love it!
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knit 2 purl 2 rib - a winner every time! I made my cardy recently in this stitch and I think it always looks good. Your yoga teacher will love her scarf, I'm sure. The colours look lovely. I go to a yoga class sometimes - not often enough to keep me from stiffening up, I fear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gill -- So glad you had a wonderful time in Spain.
    Janet -- Thanks for popping in
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda

    I'm sure your Yoga teacher will love her scarf; the colours are gorgeous, and make me think of Scottish heather!

    KathyXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift! The colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colours are beautiful, both the mountains and the wool! I've never visited mainland Spain but I'd love to go one of these days:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Kathy,Suztats and Felt like Stitchen. We were very surprised to find out that Spain is actually the 2nd most mountainous country in Europe.
    So glad you popped in.
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.