Thursday, 19 May 2011

Crochet hook is Smokin'!


Trying to be Speedy!


As I said in my last post the Earthquake in Japan was close to my heart.
So, I have hooked these squares into a blanket for http://kyoyukyoyu.blogspot.com/
I  am so glad just to do a little bit of woolliness for such a good cause!


A Heart tucked in to send lots of love and gentle thoughts!

So, with that done I have to get moving in preparation for a Special Delivery which is due in the next couple of weeks.
A very unusual colour palette for me -- BUT -- I am loving it!
As you can see only enough to warm 10 tootsies so far so hook is going to be smokin!!


 I was out walking with Buster this week and talking to a lovely fellow " hooker " and she told me about this gorgeous yarn!
Aren't the colours reminiscent of sherbert - BUT - let's hope it's a little girl!


 I have never used this yarn before but it is soooooo snuggly and cuddly I shall definitely be using it again and again.


Hope you love it !
I will report back when I have done a little more Zig Zaginess!

7 comments:

  1. I love the addition of the little heart! Thanks for the yarn tip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Japan blankie is wonderful...it will be treasured for sure! Your ripple is coming along nicely. I'm working on one too, my first. Have a lovely weekend, Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super fast! Your granny square blanket is amazing. Wishing you a happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Blanket is zig zagging along nicely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pretty zigzags. I've never heard of the yarn but it's awesome when you find a nice one that you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda your parcel with that gorgeous blanket has just landed - thank you so so much - it is beautiful!
    And that 'small' ball of DK (I jest - it is a whopping 400gms!)will certainly be put to good use - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.