Monday, 14 March 2011

Normal Service has been resumed!

All Good Things come to an end!!
Well after such an exciting couple of months its time to get back to some semblance of normality.
Washing,cleaning,organising, but most importantly lots of the woolly stuff!
Time to get back to the Charity projects which I love to be involved with.
So first these little blankets the size of an A4 piece of paper for Lisa's Stars!



And then a bit of woolly stuff for Operation Christmas Child!
Maybe a bit early but Janet sets such a wonderful example! 
http://www.puppetystuff.blogspot.com/
She knits the most beautiful puppets all year long!


Now last year I posted about our Aunt.
http://chalkygilbert.blogspot.com/2010/08/boxes-of-love.html
Another avid supporter of-
http://www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk/


So I thought that when the world is full of bad news especially in Japan and Libya I would make a start on just a few little things, but things which might make a difference.
Little purses and bags for a special aunt who is nearly 90 and collects all year round for Operation Christmas Child.














And a few for Janet because she often pops into Chalky's World and leaves lovely comments!
They are perfect for those little odds and ends of wool.







And the loveliest thing of all is that kindness certainly is catching!
I belong to this Charity knitting group and when they heard what I was doing they offered to join in too!
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2514569&page=139
So dear Aunt is going to have lots of little parcels dropping through her door filled with love.
I think she will be tickled pink!

6 comments:

  1. Well done! The world is made a nicer, friendlier place with small acts of kindness. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Thank you so much for such a lovely comment. That is what I truly believe too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks once again for all your kind acts of woolly goodness. We inspire each other, and it grows and grows...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you've been busy! I am sure everyone who receives these eventually will be really chuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet little purses you made! It's wonderful to give and you do it so beautifully with these little treasures. These will surely be welcomed with a smile when discovered in their shoeboxes :-) xJosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you are looking to rid your girl of these unwanted stalkers when you are drawn to Willow Creek's Black Mirror Castle. Unfortunately for me as an addict, I need my crime fix. Play games all night long in keeping with the twenties theme such as various card games and crossword puzzles.

    Also visit my web page ... nashville tennessee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.