Thursday, 17 March 2011

Lets wave a Name Flag! Welcome Isla Hope!

Do you remember these?
Special puppies I knitted for my Nephews wedding!


And the exciting announcement!
That a baby was due this March

Yesterday baby Isla Hope was born, a beautiful daughter for my dear Nephew and his wife!
So it really is time to wave a name flag!
Pretty bunting celebrating her arrival and such a pretty name!


And you will never guess what was tucked in beside Isla in her first photo-- one of the little puppies I had made for their wedding as gifts for the tiniest Guests. I was thrilled!


If you have a special little one arriving in your family soon perhaps you would like to make a name flag to welcome them.
It is so easy.
Choose a suitable coloured wool or I have made them with beige and picked out the letters in either pink or blue.
Cast on 20 stitches and knit 24 rows in garter stitch ( all rows knit)
Cast Off
Knit as many little squares as there are letters in the little ones name.
Cut out the letters in felt and blanket stitch the letters to the squares.
Crochet a chain long enough for all the letters and hooks for both ends so that it can be hung in the Nursery.
With a large eyed needle thread the chain through the top of the squares just below the top.
Decorate with buttons and send with love!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the name flag! And I think your little puppy is so cute! Knit on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, great-aunt! (Can we see the photo with the puppy???) Your little bunting idea is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks brill, i love these name flags! Well done getting it done so quickly! I am sure they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visit day-to-day a few web pages and information sites to read articles or
    reviews, except this website gives quality based content.


    My website :: buy zetaclear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upon returning to the starting line, the first player must
    pass the sugar cube to the next teammate in line
    and so on. A murder mystery game is a fun way to pass the
    time during the twenties theme party. I hope you have fun
    planing a birthday party for your tween, I hope my birthday party ideas for tween's helped you.

    Check out my web-site; cajamadrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. The decor on the inside of the restaurant is absolutely beautiful.
    * Team answer sheets - Basically a grid lined A4 type sheet with answer write in numbered boxes and a line on top for the
    team name. The food is decent and the drink specials on Tuesdays
    include $2.

    Also visit my site Pub Quiz Anagrams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.