Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Just too Chunky! Teddies to wrestle with!

Seriously Chunky Bears!
I have realised there is a serious need for" boyish" things to fill the shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.
I had been enjoying suffering a bit of an addiction to the girlie purses, but Dear Aunt declared no more girlie things!
So,  I thought I would change a knitted puppet pattern to a crochet one!
Well some things work really well, and some things just make you laugh!
These fat souls just seriously made me laugh!
Of course I will send them on in the hope that a little boy somewhere will love a bit of fun with a Sumo wrestling type teddy puppet,


Even the bears can see the funny side!

6 comments:

  1. Bears are supposed to be big and woolly, so they're just perfect as they are! When I glimpsed the title, my mind read 'chunky teddies' but I was thinking of a different type of teddy........lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the problem? If a child's hand can fit inside, it does the job! Hope you'll publish the pattern, once you're happy with it! (Ok, maybe a little longer and a little narrower, but that's just because we're used to seeing puppets of a certain dimension...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have come out beautifully! I love them Linda.
    I'm sure they will be gratefully received!
    Hugs suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he, i like them, it somehow gives them a different personality being chunky. Definately boyish and im sure they will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are so cute and yes, they bought a smile to my face :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely to find such encouraging comments -- Thank you, you lovely lot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.