Thursday, 31 March 2011

Happy Birthday to a Special Friend and a day off Crafting!!



Birthdays and Special Days!
Last year after nearly 30 years of friendship my friend and I decided to stop wracking our brains for presents for each other!
Instead we would share a special treat together.
Last year she took me to see Calendar Girls which was brilliant.
Well today is her birthday.
 Last year she was with us in Spain to share her special day.
But not today!
So this morning I rang her early and left a message on her answering machine as she was obviously already out enjoying herself!
And then I thought, well the answer is to go out and celebrate her birthday without her!
What a lovely roadside welcome!



And it wasn't long before we arrived at one of my favourite villages -- Aqua Amarga!
The village square has been restored with the most wonderful tile work depicting life in the surrounding area.






Almost like Delft ware!
And the blue just prepares you for glimpses of the sea!







Too early for a Birthday Lunch!


So onwards to Las Negras.
Old windmills you pass on your journeys!






The perfect spot for a snack!


Great  little restaurants and bars you tumble upon.
 We ordered the tomato baguette but the pork skewers were free!
And they were delicious!




What a view!



Just a few kilometres on is another of our favourite spots!
Lots of places to relax!
It always makes me think of Greece and Mama Mia!




But first a climb up the hill to enjoy the view of Isleta Del Moro.











Of course we could not really have a lunch without our friends but it was definitely the day to raise a glass and send wishes for Feliz Compleanos or Happy Birthday from your quirky friend!




She would have hated the Tapas which came free in this little bar too!




So, I did enjoy this special friends Birthday -- I hope she did too!
As with all good things they have to come to an end and we were homeward bound.
Only a short delay to wait for the goats!




Now all that is left is to come up with a treat for us both when we are next together!

10 comments:

  1. looks like your having great weather. lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, wish I had been there with you it looks amazing. You would be surprised to kknow that I probably would have enjoyed the tapas as I now eat more seafood!

    Really looking forward to seeing you. Thanks for enjoying my birthday for me! We had a lovely day at Celtic Manor and Liam and Kirsty joined us for a beautiful meal last night.

    Speak soon

    Lots of love

    Stevie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, to celebrate other people's birthdays! You could do it every day of the year! Looks as if you had a lovely day out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pics of a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, what a gorgeous place...yes, like Mama Mia! What a splendid way to celebrate your friend's birthday in person...or not :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your tween is into paint-ball you can take everyone
    to play paint-ball. This was zero cost because
    the students went to local stores and asked for either donations and
    gift cards to purchase these items. Play games all night long in keeping with the twenties theme such as various card games and crossword puzzles.


    my site: data recovery

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also visit this weblog on regular basis to obtain updated from most up-to-date information.

    Feel free to visit my webpage :: waist to height calculator

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and
    I am impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the
    last part :) I care for such information a lot.
    I was seeking this particular info for a very long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog :: waist to hip ratio calculator

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, we need to determine the rounds of the quiz according
    to it. Brazenhead is a great place to go with your family
    or for a business lunch or dinner, but if you are looking for a party atmosphere, this isn't it. Her father, Bruce Paltrow, produced the critically acclaimed TV series that is considered the precursor to many medical shows today, St.

    my site - pub quiz aberdeen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.