Sunday, 12 December 2010

Wanting to share!

For a while I have been a bit busy with new charity projects.
The pull-a-long suitcase is packed and ready to roll home to the U.K--
 A few items of clothes have been put on the top to keep the " Luvvies" and "Hearties " warm as they acclimatise to the drop in temperatures back in the U.K!


Soon all these little bits and pieces will be in the post to Loving Hands Charity.

All this has got me thinking and thinking.

I am so looking forward to the number 50 on my Followers List and then I thought it is better to give than receive so here are the patterns for the " Hearties" and "Luvvies!" 
I hope they make their way into shoe boxes for Charity all over the world.
Janet works so hard with this wonderful project.


Pattern for My "Hearties"
Cast on 2 stitches.
Knit 1 row.
Purl 1 row.
Increase 1 in each stitch ( 4 stitches )
Purl 1 row.
Increase in same way until 32 stitches.
Start top of heart shaping as follows.
Knit row---- Knit first 2 stitches together through back of stitch. Knit 12, Knit 2 together,Turn and work on these stitches.
Purl 1 row on these stitches only.
Knit first 2 stitches together through back of loop. Knit 10 ,Knit 2 together.
Purl 1 row.
Continue in this manner until 4 stitches remain.
Purl 1 row
Cast off 4 stitches.
Break Yarn.
Join to second half of heart and work to match .
Make 2 " hearties" and stuff . Add features.


Add heart pocket by casting on 10 stitches and knitting 20 rows in garter stitch.


Heart is worked as follows
Crochet
Chain 2
In first chain work 3 trebles
In same space work 3 half trebles.
1 chain in same space.
1 treble in same space
1 chain in same space
3 half trebles in same space
3 trebles in same space and slip stitch to complete heart.


Well I hope this all works but if you have any problems at all please let me know and I will do my very best to help x







Luvvies to follow!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link and this pattern, Linda. I will give it a try, but I'll have to make an adaptation as my shoebox charity (Operation Christmas Child) does not allow stuffed hand-knitted toys, although I'm sure there are many charities that do. Hope you get your 50 followers soon - I've a lot of catching up to do on that score!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these they're awesome! Will give you a hand making some over x mas if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda thankyou for your comment over on my blog.
    Great to find your lovely site. You now have 50 followers :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like a pattern for the other bears if you can send one or post. Thanks--Barbara * I believe they are called Luvvlies".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.