Tuesday, 14 December 2010

All comes to those who wait!!


For lots of reasons I have been thinking about the concept of ego of late.


But tonight I was simply thrilled to reach the milestone of 50 followers.
I have been stuck on 49 for absolutely ages and 1 of that number is me!
I have actually always loved to write a diary -- and kept it under the floorboards - so definitely no ego involved there.
And, I write this blog for many,many reasons but not for recognition. 
It truly is not important in that sense.
But to feel a part of a "community",
 To feel in touch with people,
 To share life,ideas,challenges,good causes.
Everyday thoughts and inspirations to me is so important.
 So I will not worry so much that it is my ego which is massaged by followers
 But how lovely that I can share my life with at least 49 people and me!
So a special "Thank you" to Jacqui, number 50, but also a very heartfelt  "thank you" to all my other followers. 
 You make my days very special by your lovely comments

4 comments:

  1. ((((Linda)))

    I was JUST thinking about you the other day when I looked at my little hedgehog sitting on the shelf next to one of my favourite photos taken by a dear friend in London. I miss you and have had a hard time finding your blog!! Need to mark it on my favourites!! :)

    I miss you and hope you are doing well. I need to catch up on reading here now that I've found you.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, its not the quantity but the quality of your followers that counts! (Says she, stuck on a paltry 14!) Don't let it go to your head, now! :))

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia ,so lovely to see you here. I often think of you x
    Janet Thank you for being here so often - I love to read your lovely comments.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with the "community" aspect of blogging. It really is wonderful to find a common connection in some small way with someone across the globe. BTW, thanks for sharing your Hearties pattern. Soooo adorable and it's great you make these for charity. xx Josie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.