Thursday, 30 September 2010

When I spent my time with the "littlies"



I taught for so many years!
Some of them with the lovely Sal from Sal's Snippets.

It was a very special time in my life and I do feel very privileged to have spent so many years with children in their formative years.
So that is where "Chalky" of Chalky's World comes from!
I met the "Sporty One" at Teachers Training College and the rest as they say is history.
Teaching  young children is so rewarding.
They were 3 years old in the Nursery, and up to 8 in Key Stage One.
This means a lot of time is spent dealing with very basic concepts.
 One of which is recognising different colours.
When didn't you know that a cherry is red or a banana yellow?
One of the ways we thought about colour was through poetry.
Red is --- 
Red is James in Thomas the Tank.
Red is a Fire Engine
Red is a rose.
Red is a cherry
Red is a strawberry.
Red is fire.
Red is anger.
Red is my T Shirt.
Red is all of  these things, and for me in my life, a few more -




What's Red in your life?



11 comments:

  1. The red tomatoes (home-grown) in tonight's lasagne.
    The red (and white) puppet in today's post.
    http://puppetystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/latest-puppets.html
    The red strap on my camera that always falls in the way at the wrong moment.
    The red berries on the cotoneasa horizontalis.
    The red glow from under my computer mouse.

    Linda, you're a very colourful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red of the swamp maples in fall, the red of the burning bush, the red glow of the fire warming a cool and damp house! The red heart for the ones you love, and whom love you, The red roses still blooming though autumn has arrived. Hugs. Because hugs have warmth to them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And juicy, sweet, crisp apples

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great posts Linda.
    i thoroughly enjoyed looking at your family photos too!
    Have a good weekend,
    love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red is Warm
    The feeling i have when i think of those wonderful times spent working along side you.
    I draw on all the skills and ideas you gave me on a daily basis.
    Louise
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red is my hair.
    And baby's nose after many wipes.
    And love. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The players would begin as members of the SCA, going to Phoenix for the Estrella
    War. Even Halloween parties with the very best Halloween costumes can get dry after everyone's seen the costumes to be seen and passed out the candy to the beggars. The game would begin with them watching the collapse of society and the outbreak of magic around the world.

    Stop by my weblog: jcpenney

    ReplyDelete
  8. By dividing up the party at several peoples houses you make it easy
    on yourself. Even Halloween parties with the very best Halloween
    costumes can get dry after everyone's seen the costumes to be seen and passed out the candy to the beggars. Now, one of my co-workers was applying to the Secret Service and I knew that I was down as a reference for her.

    Here is my blog; keyword

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article post. I like to write a
    little comment to support you.

    My page hip to waist ratio calculator

    ReplyDelete
  10. In looking for the proper collar for the pets, things that you need to consider are safety, the training process as well as your convenience.

    In the event you employ strategies that may be employed in agreement together with your dog's normal urge and instincts, you'll be able to improve its character and provide restrictions that can maintain your dog satisfied.

    Oh, Behave Dog Training and Behavior Counseling.

    Also visit my page ... elite dog training and boarding

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.