Monday, 9 August 2010

Do You Remember "Take your Pick" with Michael Miles circa 1960?




Open the Box or take the Money?
I have had a very large box in my house for the last couple of weeks and I keep thinking about Friday Evenings (I think it was Fridays!) a long time ago, and the Game Show" Take Your Pick."
 If you remember that one you will definitely remember Opportunity Knocks with Hughie Green --- Happy Days!
Anyway, I digress, the box now weighs 13kg and anyone who follows my blog can guess what it contains.
Yes,woolly stuff. Lots of it!



All ready for collection by the wonderful Parcels To Go.
All that can be sent for £6.99!
Destination Loving Hands and the wonderful Lou Japp
It really is more interesting to see what is on the inside. 
So here goes------

A wonderful knitter in Spain called Cindy knitted all these wonderful things.


How tiny are these!


Mini Teddies


Fully grown teddies looking a little malnourished!


Some Red and White items for a recent challenge supporting the Armed Forces!


"Knit Your Square To Give Your Share" is full of lovely people who have sent squares from all over the country and now they are wonderful Lappycuddlyghans.













My special friend Pat has quietly knitted squares to help with this lovely blanket!



DDIL Charlotte is always supportive and loves hooking



And my times in the Sunshine Bus when just 1 big square fits the bill!









 And lovely Pauline has been knitting these jumpers for Oxfam



And my dear mother-in-law helps the cause by knitting these little hats for premature babies.



A new little twist to Hot Water Bottle Covers-- One of the new Challenges this Summer.














And there must always be 1 boob!



I also have a lovely friend who does not " hook" or knit, but what a lovely surprise to arrive at her house to find the most beautiful selection of wool, her contribution to such a wonderful box full!
So what a lot of lovely things, which will hopefully make a little bit of difference to lots of peoples' lives.

7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Knitting and crocheting from the heart! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some amazing blankets in there. Funny how mix and matching them creates such beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey just wanted to say thanks for the comments on my blog, as you have a no reply I can't email you :(
    All that woolen goodness is overwhelming isn't it!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic effort by all involved - well done everyone. A most inspiring collection of woolly goodies to make a lot of lives a little bit better! Where do you all find the time??

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I cant beleive that £6.99 you say. I must try this out. Do they deliver to AMerica im wondering. I have a parcel to go over.
    Ill check the site out later.
    You have worked so hard Linda. I admire you too!
    Isn't it just so much fun!
    I've really enjoyed looking at your beautiful things. I'm impressed, well done! Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments. I am feeling so relieved to have sent all the woolly stuff off. Now what is next -- well, the sewing machine is on the table. That's fairly unusual but have a few things sewing wise in the pipeline. Of course wool could never be abandoned but its nice and relaxing in the evenings.
    PS I DO WISH I COULD MAKE 40 FOLLOWERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this seems loads! bet your glad its packed off now! What are you working on now then? A random squared blanket for Andy? haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.