Friday, 9 July 2010

Fruity Delicious ! Do you need a dessert for this weekend?

Briony's fabulous Cheesecake!
Lindsay hosted a surprise Birthday Party last weekend and Briony made the pudding --- It was absolutely gorgeous and not a crumb was left
So as its a sunny summer weekend I thought I would pop her recipe on here in case you are having a celebration or just fancy something delicious.

Summer Fruits Cheesecake
Serves 8.
Preparation time 20 minutes.
Chill  1 hour

INGREDIENTS
125G Crushed Digestive Biscuits
40G Melted Butter
250G Soft Cheese ( We used Phadelphia )
397G Can of Condensed Milk
120 ML Lemon Juice
1 Pack of at least 200 g of Summer Berries. ( We used a frozen assortment)

METHOD
1. Combine biscuit crumbs and melted butter and press into the base of an approx 23 cm loose bottomed cake tin.
2. Whisk together the Soft Cheese, Condensed Milk and about half the pack of frozen berries.Stir in the lemon juice until well mixed. Pour over the prepared base and chill for at least an hour until set.
3. Remove from the fridge and decorate with the remaining berries.

EAT and ENJOY!!
Of course you could ring the changes with the fillings but Briony's tasted so good I can see that it is going to become a family favourite


4 comments:

  1. This looks yummy and easy enough for me to try! I still have a few frozen raspberries from last year, so I might try them in this recipe. We don't have nearly so many raspberries this year as we seem to have lost 80% of our canes, maybe due to the hard winter. What a memory that seems now in this sweltering heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    Many thanks for the suggestion about the Calendars. I'll give that some thought.
    I have a card here for you, it would have been no hardship to send it to you. I have sent others all over the world. One more to you would have been no problem really...Just wanting to thank you.
    Anyway....I'm going to send it to the UK address, for whenever! You are most welcome!
    Hugs and thanks Suex

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so incredibly delicious! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe. Just perfect for a summer day.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.