Sunday, 13 June 2010

The Fiesata Of The Moors and Christians Part Two - Saturday -- And We Had Better Not Miss The Football !
















 Saturday In Mojacar!
Well I had Level Two of my Reiki Course to complete this week and of course the World Cup is beginning to really swing into action. England playing its first match!
Firstly, however, was the Landing of the Moorish troops on the beach at Mojacar Playa, 
A Medieval tournament was staged where Christian Knights and Moorish Lords tried to win their Ladies favours.
There was a little bit of trying to exhibit a softer side when one Lord arrived on horseback complete with foal!


It was certainly not going to be left behind!I



Small rings are hung on a wire and the horsemen have to gallop up to the rings with long lances. If they can "spear" a ring a ribbon is won which matches to the sash of a fair maiden!





Moors!



Christians!


Maidens!

 

Cabellero



Success! The sash is won.

  

Tactical talk!


And disappointment!


And waiting in the wings the "Ships Of The Desert!"






And all serenaded by the deafening sounds of the Blunderbuss! Neither Spanish horse or Spanish baby bat an eyelid as they rumble and crack!




So the daytime celebrations end and the Spanish gear themselves up for the second night of celebrating until dawn!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Linda - it all looks wonderful, especially the horses. I'd have been in my element there! You've taken some lovely photos that really capture the excitement!

    KathyXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fascinating and lively festival. I'm sure you had a great experience - the spanish do know how to party!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popping by, having had another busy morning!
    It must be so fascinating for you to experience all these interesting
    events in Spain! Great photos! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually a great and helpful piece of information. I'm
    happy that you shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    Here is my web blog :: jocuri online shooter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really loving the theme/design of your weblog. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A few of my blog visitors have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?

    My website; exercises to improve Vertical

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i'm satisfied to
    exhibit that I've a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I most undoubtedly will make sure to do not put out of your mind this site and provides it a glance regularly.

    my web page :: zetaclear reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to be able to find good advice from your blog articles.



    my weblog ... bancuri mos craciun

    ReplyDelete
  8. '''. Instead, focus on a single thing or just a couple of things, and try not to move forward until you have reached those goals. It is very soothing to hear the sound of piano and based on such vast change of scales, a song sounds so melodious.

    Also visit my webpage; printable piano chords and scales

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could
    do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead
    of that, this is great blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.


    Visit my web page; vacation quest games

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is very open with a really clear description of the issues.
    It was truly informative. Your website is very helpful.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    My web page :: Vertical jump workouts

    ReplyDelete
  11. By dividing up the party at several peoples houses you make it easy on yourself.
    A murder mystery game is a fun way to pass the time during the twenties theme party.
    Every Halloween party that people remember later in the
    year by saying things like "Do you remember so-and-so's Halloween party last year.

    Review my site; Scottrade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.