Saturday, 10 April 2010

A stall at the Rastro market for GAPA!

"On The Beach!"
For a while now I have been toying with the idea of having a table at the Rastro Market which is held on the beach near us.
I wanted to hold a one off for the charity

Worldwide, it is estimated that more than 15 million children under 18 have been orphaned as a result of Aids. Around 11.6 million of these children live in sub-Saharan Africa. In countries badly affected by the epidemic such as Zambia and Botswana, it is estimated that 20 percent of children under 17 are orphans - most of whom have lost one or both parents to AIDS.


The charity Grandmothers against Poverty and Aids has been adopted by my Yoga teacher here in Spain who visited South Africa last summer and she saw firsthand what these wonderful women are doing.
It really did inspire me to do a little to help.

Anyone who has had a peep at my blog knows I usually have a plethora of projects underway ---- I am in truth a marvellous starter but sometimes lack the determination to finish all the projects I start. Usually because I adopt a production line theme. For example I cut out 10 Sock Monkeys at a time or have half finished Attic 24 birds in various stages of construction dotted about.
Well I have made myself take a disciplined approach to all this and to be honest it has nearly killed me but I am all packed up and ready to go.
Only one drawback -- I have to be there by eight o'clock and I do not ever see two eight o'clocks in the day!!
So I am all packed and ready to go and I will get up early
Here are some of the things I am taking


Orange.Myrrh and Clove Body Oil.





























Well I was up and rearing to go.
It should have been idyllic, right by the beach with the sea as a backdrop. In reality the wind was blowing and it was quite cold but it was so definitely worth it because I raised the grand total of 75 Euros!


 I really am so pleased and my Craft Room is soo much tidier so a positive result all round!
Now it must be time for a Siesta!



5 comments:

  1. It seems as though you have been working terribly hard Linda. Don't you just love Lucy's birdies. I love those little rabbits their faces are so cute. I love everything. Sock monkeys seem so popular at the moment. Even found time for some knitting projects too!
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to do. You had such a lot of wonderful items for sale. How I would have loved to come shopping at your table. It is a shame that the weather was a bit cold. Still never mind it does sound like you had a lot of fun.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of the number of items you've made for the sale. You are truly an inspiration to me to get off the computer games and make more stuff! Well done and congratulations on the amount you made for charity. Sorry it was a bit cold but it was in a very good cause.

    best wishes
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Linda, I appreciate your comments of wisdom on my blog so much! God bless you in this endeavor! Amzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog. My dad lives in Okehampton and while he is in Cyprus I'm having a week in his house. So we are nearer to Exeter and Totnes and Other places I/we want to visit and we can also visit my Husband's aunt in Cornwall, and to spend lots of time with our lovely granddaughter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.