Sunday, 14 March 2010

Happy Mothers' Day !


Happy Mothers Day!

Of Course we could talk about the origins of Mothering Sunday but I think we all learnt that in School!
Memories of Mothers' Day past tend to be both sweet and amusing. 
The first breakfast in bed made with tea that was in the pot -- from the day before!
Those gorgeous home made cards and little bunches of flowers.
Hand made gifts with plenty of glue and glitter.
Church Services with Brownies giving little posies to all the ladies
How fast the years have flown

I think this says just about says it all!


"The Mom Song!"

                                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ

I miss my three lovely children on Mother's Day and of course think lovingly of my Mum.
There is also another lovely Mum just a few doors away who I know misses her children so this little package is just for her!



Wishing all Mums and everyone remembering their Mums the happiest of days.







5 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day ! Love your happy header .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda for these sweet and thoughtful words.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers Day! I had forgotten that it was Mothers Day in England. When my mother was alive she always said how lucky she was because she got to celebrate Mothers Day there and here in America.
    Hope you enjoyed the day.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. excelent blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh that was a really beautiful post!
    Smashing.
    Hope you had a nice day.
    I had a busy one! I thought Mothers DAy was suppose to be restful, I ended up cooking two roast dinners! Yes, thats right two! What a day, I wont' go there.
    I really thought this post was nice.
    Thank you!!
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.