Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Chalky's little flowers

"In Flowers!"
If you love Crochet the internet is a wealth of inspiration. 
For us happy bloggers there is also Lucy at Attic24. 
Not only is she inspirational but she is incredibly generous with her time and tutorials. I loved these little flowers and thought them perfect for embellishing the "Lapacuddlyghans" and the Teddy Puppets.
She actively encourages you to try her ideas to enhance not only your work, but your life.
Well The "Sporty One" had actually managed to get on the computer-- that might sound easy but it is often either welded  to my lap or I have got patterns on the screen that I am in the middle of!
Well I was sure I remembered how to do them and had a really happy evening "hooking!

When I checked Lucy's pattern I had nearly remembered the instructions correctly but another treble and an extra chain resulted in these pretty flowers definitely inspired by Lucy but also with a little Chalky Twist
I think they are really lovely!


If you would like to try them this is what I did.
See if you can spot the differences!

Chain 4 and join with a slip stitch to make a loop




Chain 3 to make the equivalent of the first treble.



Make 8 further trebles into the central ring.
Join with a slip stitch into the 3rd stitch of the first chain of three( the equivalent of the first treble)

If you want to change colour I like to start in a different place as I think it gives a neater finish













In the first space work I dc ,4 chain.1dc
 Continue in this manner in every space 1dc ,4 chain ,1dc.

Repeat this in each space making 9 pretty loops to represent the petals.






Sew in the ends and use for whatever takes your fancy!
I do hope you try one of these and it works for you as this is my first ever tutorial and of course I want to thank Lucy for putting the gem of such a beautiful idea in her blog.

7 comments:

  1. I love your crocheted flower. I will have to try some. I'm making another pair of hand warmers now. I just blocked them and have to sew up the sides.

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely Linda. You can do so much with crochet flowers. I will have to give them a try. Thank you for sharing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Linda
    I think there will be a lot of hooking this weekend as typical Cornish weather forcast.
    Much love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's me again! In answer to your question unfortunately I didn't have a bunny stuffed animal as a child. I grew up in the 1950s and we didn't have toys like kids do now. We received gifts (toys) only on our birthdays and at Christmas. My first stuffed animal, a big old teddy bear, was given to me by my older brother's boyfriend when I was around 7 or 8. I loved it. But it leaked its stuffing. My Mom put a diaper on it. When we moved (at age 9) my Mom made me throw it away. That was the last stuffed animal I had until I was graduated from high school and working and bought myself a stuffed monkey. Of course, now I have made up for not having any to having many teddy bears and other stuffed animals. I have a whole box full of Beanie Babies. It's chilly here (41 degrees F. ) and windy and raining. It's suppose to rain all day tomorrow too. But then we are having three days of 70 degree F. weather. All the rain is great for the plants. Have a wonderful day Twin!

    Hugs,
    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers are gorgeous! Well done! They seem so quick and easy!
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little flowers. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you, thank you, I have been having a wee bit of a struggle with Lucy's gorgeous flowers - so gave these ones a go and THEY WORK....yipee
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.