Saturday, 23 January 2010

Welcome to a new little one-- Lets wave a name flag!

"Hello,Hello!"
One of my dearest friends had just been made a Grandmother for the second time.
A dear little girl called -----

I am sure she will be just as special as her Grandma!
When I heard her name I thought of the little children I used to teach and a song they used to love to sing


Oh Jemima!
Oh, Jemima look at your Uncle Jim.
He's in the Bathtub learning how to swim!
First he does the Breast stroke,
Then he does the side.
Now he's under the water swimming against the tide!


I will have to wait a while to meet her. But "hello" Jemima and welcome. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely idea for a new baby pressy, Linda!
    BTW My mum used to sing that song to us when we were very little!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely, Linda - the perfect present for a precious little one.

    KathyXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mum used to sing:

    Oh Jemima, look at your Uncle Jim!
    Sitting in the duckpond trying hard to swim,
    First he tries the left leg
    Then he tries the right
    Then he tries them both together
    And now he's out of sight!

    Love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you so much for your lovely comments. They have made my day. I will send both versions to my friend and she can sing them to her new little one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.