Friday, 8 January 2010

It's Just like a magic Penny!!

"Love is something if you give it away!"
I have always loved singing. 
One of my earliest memories is of singing a solo in school and in the Methodist church I used to go with my Grandma.I was about six or seven and is was about a little white lamb!
I was in the School Choir and later joined a local group where I was happy to be in the second Sopranos and take up a place out of sight in the second row!
Small children singing in school always made me smile and I loved their enthusiasm especially if the song was accompanied by hand gestures. This was one of the little ones favourites


Love is something if you give it away, give it away, give it away.
Love is something if you give it away - You'll end up having more!
It's just like a magic penny.
Hold it tight and you won't have any.
Lend it, spend it and you'll have so many.
They'll roll all over the floor!


Of course some of the little boys would do such energetic hand gestures for the rolling pennies the little girls would be given a good push!!


Well this song about the magic penny came to my mind when I looked at this website
A similar charity to the one being supported by the Yoga group I love to go to in Spain.


I am busy knitting squares for blankets at the moment and can't think of a better place to send them. 



Love really is something if you give it away!


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely nostalgic post, Linda! The blanket is fabulous - great colours, lovely edging and brilliant sewing up!

    IF you manage to fly back to Spain as planned this weekend, have a safe trip.

    KathyXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I forgot that song existed! I used to love that at school with all the actions :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song is called "Magic Penny" and it was written by Malvina Reynolds of Berkeley, CA, who wrote many other children's songs.

    Dave Gomberg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.