Wednesday, 23 December 2009

A one armed angel and a penguin has broken his legs!!

"Bits and Pieces!"


Having the loft insulated this year meant that Andy did not have to clamber up to the loft to rescue the Christmas decorations from their dark home. 
Their new place of residence made contemplating putting up the decorations so much easier.
We have had 34 Christmas' together and every year I delight when I open the boxes. I always forget some of the little treasures hiding inside. 
I am sure everybody is the same. so many of the decorations have stories and a history linking them to a loved one or a very special occasion. It is like meeting old friends. Some are looking so much worse for wear-- we have an angel with one arm and a penguin with two broken legs-- Well he only had one, but Andy thought he would look better evened up so he broke the other one as well!!
So our decorations are not a bit like the ones that grace glossy magazines they are not colour coordinated, follow a theme or sophisticated but they are put up with lots of love and hope, for another  Special Christmas.





I love Snowmen and have collected lots over the years. They sit in pride of place on the windowsill !










Some are very tasteful and some make me laugh!





I love flowers at any time of year but the mix of red and green really epitomises Christmas. 
Out in the cold two flower sellers were almost giving away these gorgeous flowers as they wanted to go home by the fire. 
The flowers themselves looked so cold but given a good drink and mixed with foliage they look so lovely



.
It would not be Chalky's World if a bit of "crafting " wasn't included at Christmas and I suppose in many ways this makes me very nostalgic. We have little knitted figures that were made lovingly by children in our classes. Lovely home made gifts from friends .And of course little gems which came home from school made by our lovely lot when they were little and they come out every year.

























When we were first married we managed to buy a little tree but I remember having no money for decorations so I sat and made the little Santa's from scraps of felt. When I told my Mum about this she showed me the decorations she had made out of silver paper when she was first married and gave them to me. What wonderful memories of loved ones at Christmas time!





So Merry Christmas to one and all and my very best wishes to you and your loved ones in 2010!





8 comments:

  1. Linda, I wish you a wonderful christmas!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you all
    Was lovely to spend a little time with you last night. I will never forget our times working together at this festive time of year, how you would bring in your fabulous china snowmen and let all the little ones pass them around as your musical one would slowly chime and turn round in the middle of the circle and the wonder on those little faces!
    much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos, Linda!

    I wish you and your family a peaceful happy Christmas, and a great New Year! Thanks for all you have done for Knit Your Square to Give Your Share in 2009!

    Happy Hedgie Christmas!!

    KathyXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fashion Games of Teen Girls Interested Are Fun These challenges are at
    times shared amongst buddies. A murder mystery game is a fun way to pass the time during the twenties theme party.
    The game would begin with them watching the collapse of society and
    the outbreak of magic around the world.

    Stop by my web page: philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Upon returning to the starting line, the first player must pass the sugar cube to the next teammate in line and so on.
    For adults, a virtual makeover of hair and makeup may be the equivalent of a little one hood game, with
    an improved style sensibility that tends to make
    the knowledge each entertaining and inspirational.
    You Divide everyone at the party into two groups, or tribes.


    Feel free to visit my web site: travelosity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Narrow blood vessels lie alongside the intestines of the earthworm and they absorb the
    nutrients from the alimentary canal feeding the rest of the body.
    Brazenhead is a great place to go with your family or
    for a business lunch or dinner, but if you are looking for
    a party atmosphere, this isn't it. Her father, Bruce Paltrow, produced the critically acclaimed TV series that is considered the precursor to many medical shows today, St.

    Here is my website ... good pub quiz names

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're made from a type of leather that has a natural resistance to water. Nobody wants to see someone walking around in a bra and underwear or boxers. My friends and I heard the state hatcheries department had released some trout upstream from us and we eventually stumbled upon a half dozen of them in the clear waters.

    Also visit my blog post; water shoes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.