Sunday, 20 December 2009

The Holly and The Ivy!

" Hey Baby It's Cold Outside!"


Since our return we have been lucky enough to have had bright,crisp days with blue skies ! Of course we have also had minus temperatures all day!!!
So this afternoon wrapped up like an Inuit I ventured out around the garden looking for greenery for the house for Christmas.
 Of course the opportunity for some pictures was too good to miss.
 Because we have very few Deciduous trees in our part of Spain they always have quite an impact on our return to the UK.In April new leaves were just appearing and In October glorious Autumn colours. Now the dark silhouettes against the late afternoon sky led me to the Churchyard nearby - but my goodness "It was cold outside!"














Standing in the Churchyard just thinking how lucky I am to live in lovely villages I looked at the Church which holds many memories and it was so quiet and peaceful. Only a few days away from Christmas Eve when a Christingle Service and Midnight Mass will see it twinkle and shine for all to see. A few quiet minutes far away from the Madding Crowds!





I was not quite alone --








And I did not forget the Holly or the Ivy!











And look what else I saw in the garden.





Vincta flowering even  on such a cold day.





Rosemary in the herb bed-- Pity we are not having Roast Lamb for Christmas!
And last, right by the back door promises of new beginnings as the year draws to a close!





So it was back indoors and a piece of Christmas Cake and a welcome Cup of Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.