Thursday, 26 November 2009

The Sporty One and a bit of shopping !!

"I want to make you a Star!!"


People who have visited us will understand this completely-- there really is nowhere to shop! If you need a regular shopping fix then it definitely isn't the place for you. There are wonderful hams,olive oils.fish and vegetables in abundance but shopping for the sake of shopping . NO! And that suits me just fine-- quirky I know!!
However, on a Thursday Andy goes to the Gym and does Circuit Training and I went to Parque Commercial. A small complex on the beach about five miles from our village. Sadly many Spanish shops are really struggling because of the poor exchange rate. I wandered around and thought of Christmas and suddenly a bit of creativity stirred!!
Here unlike the pound shops at home they are called the "Penny Peseta" shops. I love them and tonight I bought these for sixty pence with a project in mind. 

I will get back with hopefully something special for someone very special at a very special time of year !

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if your Penny Peseta shops are more interesting than Poundland?!!!
    I wandered around Newton yesterday...did the charity shops (as you well know Newton is full of them!) Sadly, I did not find much this time.
    I think there must have been a coach excursion to do Newton's charity shops as the shops were soooo busy! Shows where people are doing their Christmas shopping!!
    Hope you have a good weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sal.Its so nice to be in touch. Yes the penny peseta shopa are full of very interesting things! Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.