Saturday, 12 September 2009

The wool Shop.




"In Rainbows"


Newton Abbot has a lovely Indoor Market and it used to have a wool stall that was there for as long as I can remember. It was a rare treat for my Dad to take me to the market with him on a Saturday morning and I vividly remember him buying me a bag of the most delicious cherries.
The wool stall has moved with the times and is now in a shop in the High Street. I find it really hard to walk by. The wools are lovely, the woman so interested in everything you do and the people who go in are so full of ideas.

I love taking wool back to Spain- I love buying wool in Spain but the Double Knit isn't the same and there is plenty of room in the Sunshine Bus . I love it all stacked on the shelves in the Craft Room.

So today I went armed with a swatch and rummaged !!











The basket, for those who might remember used to carry lunches for Annie Knott who lived 'til she was 100. Shame her memory was so bad she forgot the lovely party laid on by the village an hour after it finished.







"Put a little love in your heart."




The fun with applique is still going on.


As is the search for Vintage woollen blankets but I did strike lucky today in the Devon Air Ambulance Charity shop.



Here we have a needle case which might help me stop prodding them in the arm of the chair.




The little bits and bobs are for the larger projects which are just at the planning stage.



My first attempt at sewing the applique pictures onto a canvas so that they become a picture. This one is for a special Nursery and a very special little one.






This heart I love. Really effective and a thought I will revisit with red material and Christmas in mind. Also so lovely to have in Spain when I need to send a hug back home .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.