Friday, 11 September 2009

Lofts,Junk and all that jazz-- and a few happy memories!



Its not very often we are in the right place at the right time but we were this week. We have lived in our house for 22 years and have a loft full of the trappings of 5 childhoods plus a lot of other junk. Infant Teachers hoard everything !!! BUT not any more. For £99 the 1" thick lagging can be transformed to a super quilt size of 10". So we have emptied ithe loft and of course nostalgia is the supreme emotion.




There at the very back was my dolls house. I had it when I was 5 but to be truthful Iwas never much into dolls. Much to my mothers annoyance. As the long awaited daughter I was supposed to enjoy all the typical girlie things. Ballet, piano etc. I can't remember which I hated the most, but it certainly ranked with the skin on the Rice Pudding we were forced to eat. So perhaps that explains why the vintage Des Res is looking so battered. I was too busy to play with it and out pushing my real rabbits around in prams.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It really is lovely to see you here. I hope you find something useful or that makes you smile or maybe both!
If you would like to contact me directly please email me at
hammers5@tiscali.co.uk.